Hurricane Season is here till November 30th
Find out here how a Hurrican forms.
Track Dean here.
Be Prepared Before a Storm Threatens Our Area.
Have these Hurricane Emergency Supplies Ready
Emergency supplies in easy-to-carry containers will be serviceable, no matter what kind of natural or manmade emergency you may face.
Recommended checklist for home:
- First aid kit and extra prescription medications, written prescriptions & other medical items. Important documents & record, photo ID’s, proof of residence, information needed to process insurance claims.
- Cash, nine-power outages mean banks & ATM’s may be unavailable)
- Battery-operated radio & flashlight with extra batteries
- Phone numbers of family & friends
- Road maps, travel plans, hotel reservations, list of places between your town & your destination you can stop if the highways are clogged.
- 3-day supply of non-perishable food, one gallon of bottled water per person per day,
- Coolers for food and ice storage, paper plates plastic utensils, manual can opener, knife, tools, booster cables, fire extinguisher, duct tape,
- Tarp & rope. Blankets, pillows, sleeping bags & extra clothing, toilet paper, cleanup supplies, personal hygiene products
- Eyeglasses, sunglasses, hearing aids, special supplies needed for babies, older adults or pets and extra keys
Recommended checklist for your car:
- Store emergency supplies in the trunk of your car
- Include a battery-powered radio, flashlight, extra batteries, water in plastic drink bottles, canned goods and manual can opener.
- First aid kit, emergency flares, blankets, extra clothing & rain gear in your car.
The City of Conroe is committed to disseminating information relative to emergency management situations.